“To encourage and support the growth of a community of young people as they increase in love for Jesus Christ.”
We seek to accomplish our mission by:
- Working in humility in a genuine effort to bring glory to God
- Grounding ourselves in the Word and constantly reminding ourselves of the Gospel
- Organizing events that bring the Gospel message, encouraging community service, training for leadership, and providing opportunities for friendships to be built
- Being a resource for youth groups and youth leaders
- Seeking the wisdom of the council of Covenant Canadian Reformed church, whose office bearers who hold us accountable.
The basis of the ROOTS team is the Word of God as given to us in the Bible, which is summarized in the three forms of unity of the Canadian & United Reformed churches: The Belgic Confession, the Heidelberg Catechism and the Canons of Dort.
We seek our strength from Colossians 2:6-7,
“So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, overflowing with thankfulness.”
The psalms, hymns and songs we sing at events come from the CanRC Book of Praise, URC Hymnal and from a collection of approved songs. For a list of these songs: click here The selections of music are done by the hosting youth group.